Thursday, April 8, 2010

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Peanut butter cookies don't get made very often around here. My niece has a peanut allergy so I tend to avoid peanuts - cross contamination scares me a lot. So when peanut butter cookies started to call my name I immediately thought NO! I can't make them! What if my niece comes over? There'd be potential for allergies everywhere! Reason started to settle in, its the middle of the week, we won't be seeing my niece until this weekend, which gives me plenty of time to clean up any stray cookie crumbs. And lets be honest people, the cookies won't be around that long.

So I gave in to temptation and made peanut butter cookies. And I'm so glad I did! They were everything I was hoping for, creamy, delicate, buttery, rich and delicious. Everyone knows that chocolate is peanut butter's best friend so the chocolate chips were a welcome addition. These cookies turned out better than I hoped for. My husband wants to know when I'll be making them again. I guess that means they are good.

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
makes 32 cookies
1 c brown sugar packed
1 stick butter
1 egg
3/4 c creamy all natural peanut butter
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 c chocolate chips
2 T granulated sugar for tops

Cream butter with a mixer. Add brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla, mix until very light and fluffy.

Add in the dry ingredients in 3 installments, scraping down after each installment. Add chocolate chips to batter. Scoop using a small cookie scooper (1T approx size).

Press the tines of a fork into the sugar then press into the cookie. Back to the sugar and press the cookie a second time at a 90* angle to the 1st marks, causing small squares in the center. Add a pinch of sugar to the tops of each cookie if they don't have much.

Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for 1 minute before moving to a cooking rack.



Nutrition Facts provided by SparkPeople Recipe Calculator
32 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 121.4
Total Fat 6.1 g
Saturated Fat 2.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg
Sodium 117.3 mg
Potassium 35.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 2.3 g

8 comments:

Siri said...

That picture is calling my name. It's too bad we can't virtually taste things.

Unknown said...

You are so going to think I'm a copy cat...but I swear I was going to make similar cookies last weekend. Chris asked me to at least wait another week.. he said I've been baking far too many sweets lately!! Now I have to make them.. these look so good!!!

Baking Addict said...

I love cookies!! Peanut butter and chocolate - irresistible. Bookmarking recipe now :)

Melodie said...

I made these today - sooo yummy and everyone loved them. I think there are only 4 left!

Kat said...

Chocolate and peanut butter. Yummy!

Jessy said...

Oh my, these look so delicious! I love the chocolate chips. Can't believe I've never tried that considering I love Reese's cups so much!

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Lorraine said...

Amazing looking cookies! I love, love, love PB cookies. My niece and nephew also have peanut allergies..so I know how you feel. It is scary but also hard to resist PB because it is so good.

Tonya said...

Yum, Andrea! Such a good idea to add chocolate chips. I need these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails